Friday, July 3, 2015

Growth Hormones

Do you still remember your mom saying "matulog ka ng tanghali, sige ka hindi ka la laki!" ?  Well, my mom used to tell this to us whenever we choose playing over sleeping.  It's just last week that I learned that it's true!  It was my sister-in-law (Peycie 's pedia) who proves that my mom is not telling a lie.


Photo courtesy of Google


We discussed about this because Peycie did not get taller from her last check-up.  However, my SIL made me not to worry since the rate of the babies' length is slower than their weight.  The advice we received from her is let our baby sleeps during SIESTA time as this is when the growth hormones release more.

This is kinda challenging for me because this is her favourite time of the day to play.  But lately, I practice her sleeping after lunch which makes her sleep for an hour.  This is quite short, but I know she will adapt this in time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment