Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Leaving soon...

Being far from your family is one of the saddest things you don't know until when you can endure.  And yes, I'll be leaving for Canada soon and still convincing myself that I can stand far from my husband and baby. 

Just to give you an idea, I applied for an immigrant visa when I was still single. Got my letter of approval from the province I applied to a day before my wedding.  Mind you, after getting married, I delayed everything such as submitting my complete documents to CIC (I forwarded it a week before due though I can submit the documents to them within the week I received the approval).  Even the medical examination, I did the same. 

When I was still single, I was very eager to be there to work hard, earn a lot and buy expensive/branded stuff for myself, but having a family of your own will make your plans change. Now, I want to go to Canada to work hard and petition my husband and baby the soonest.  Moms out there know how hard it is for me, it is only the mothers who can fully understand my situation.  One time, I stared at my daughter and saying to myself, "the next time I'll see you, you're already walking, running, talking and I'll miss these milestones of your life.  Please don't get mad if I'm not with you during these days as I am preparing for your future."

On the other hand, instead of getting emotional, I am looking on the positive side.  I know I'll be away from them for more than a year but after that, when everything turns okay, we will be together again.  Imagining my baby talking in Tagalog in a "slang" way like "lowla, lowlow" with her big cheeks and ponytails. ☺

For the mean time, while I am still here, I cherish every moment with them and invest good memories that I'll bring with me.  ☺

4 comments:

  1. Aw, ako din sis nung single ako nagtry ako maghanap ng work sa ibang bansa. Now that I have kids na I can't leave them. Goodluck on your future journey.

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis Neri Ann. This is the hardest decision I ever made and I'm hoping na tama ang ginawa kong desisyon. :)

      Delete
  2. I feel your sadness and at the same time perseverance plus mixed emotions on this post.

    You're a one brave momma. Your family is blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing this for our little one's future. Kahit mahirap, go! Thank you sis! ☺

      Delete