Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Staycation!

Recently, I just noticed that most people preferred to have their short vacay in the city than going out of town.  I agree with them because you can save a lot compare to traveling to provinces.  Last week, my sister-in-law attended the Induction of Diplomates of the Philippine Pediatric Society at Sofitel and my MIL decided to have an overnight stay in a hotel nearby.  She decided to book at Manila Hotel and I must say that we had an awesome stay!

Let me share with you our experience.  When we checked-in, we were given 4 stubs for the welcome drinks to claim in the lobby.  There were 2 choices, and we chose mango puree over the orange juice.  We booked 2 rooms, one is the Grand Deluxe room which is facing the hotel entrance and the other one is Superior Deluxe with bay view.  I can say that their rooms are well maintained, but you can definitely notice that the rooms located near the entrance (first 4 floors of the building) are kinda old compared to the modern rooms on the other side of the building. 

Bed in the Grand Deluxe Room

Mango Puree




Pool Bar 
The breakfast was the best part of our stay! There are 2 free breakfast for each room (which also applies to other hotels).  We had it at the Café Ilang-Ilang and we really enjoyed the food!  If only we could stay there from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., but seeing those food makes me feel full! I wasn't able to taste each of them but I was satisfied with my continental breakfast.  Oh! also the TAHO, I sooo loved it!  Sofitel has one as well, but I enjoyed what Manila Hotel has! 

To sum it up, we had a great staycation in the city and will definitely go back before I fly to Canada! ☺

Tip:  Book with your favorite travel agent, they offer cheaper rates than booking online.  Php4,000 is a big difference! 

No comments:

Post a Comment