Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Canada Immigrant Visa application process and timeline

If you noticed in my previous post, my Letter of Approval from Manitoba states that my visa application must arrive the CIC on or before my LOA's expiration which is on May 25, 2014.  I only started gathering the requirements for my visa application in March 2014 and submitted to them my application via courier on April 16, 2014.  Here is my list of documents forwarded to their office:

1.  Filled-out Generic Application Form to Canada (IMM0008)
2.  Filled-out Schedule A (IMM 5669)
3.  Filled-out Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562)
4. Schedule 4: Economic Classes-Provincial Nominees
5.  Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
6.  Copies of Passport/s, visa/s, arrival and departure stamps (mine and my husband's)
7.  Copy of Certificate of Nomination
8.  Copy of IELTS result
9.  Copy of Birth  Certificate (mine and husband's) and Marriage Certificate from NSO
10.  Original NBI Clearance (Travel to Canada/Visa Canada)
11.  Original photos, 6 pcs. for each member of the family and myself  (Note if the marital status is single, you only need to provide your photos)  The family that we are talking about here is your spouse and child/children
12.  Fee Payment Form - Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620)
13.  Visa fee payment (I can't remember if I paid through credit card or by cheque, forgive me)

I did not receive an email confirming that they received my application, I only track it using my airway bill number.  By the way, I used DHL as my courier. 

On May 13, 2014, my application was returned and true to what is written in their checklist, they will return all your documents if it's incomplete. *sigh*  Anyway, there are lacking forms from my husband that I didn't expect that he needs to submit.  I submitted again my complete application on May 14, 2014 and they received it on May 20, 2014. 

I received an email from CIC acknowledging receipt of my documents and started processing my application on July 16, 2014.  On last day of July, I received as well our medical request, take note "our", I never though that my husband is included because I put in my application that he is my non-accompanying dependent.  The following day, an email received from the Canadian embassy requesting to pay the RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence Fee).  In August, I paid the RPRF by Manager's Cheque and have it delivered via courier to the Canadian embassy Manila.

September 2014, my husband and I undergo the required medical exam.  Since I was pregnant that time, I deferred my chest x-ray and had it done in December 2014.  I report that I just gave birth in November and received a request for my daughter to undergo as well the physical exam.  Whether your dependant (s) are accompanying or not, they are required to take the medical examination. 

February 2015, I received my passport request and after 2 weeks, passport arrived with visa.  Yey!☺ 

No comments:

Post a Comment