Sunday, May 3, 2015

MPNP Application Process and Timeline *2013 PROCEDURE*

I've been working in a travel industry for quite some time particularly in handling visa process.  I never thought that I'll process my own.  It was my aunt who was eager to have me applied to Canada.  How did my application start?

I applied for an immigrant visa through MPNP (Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program)  How does it work?

An applicant must meet the required points in each criteria: Age, Work Experience, Language, Education and Adaptability.  If you will apply under the General Stream (no close relatives in Manitoba or no employer), you have to have at least 2 sponsors (permanent resident or Canadian citizen) who are willing to support or endorse your application.  Support means they will fill-out the settlement plan for sponsors and provide their proof of immigration status in Canada.  The settlement plan form consists of questions such as "how is the sponsor related to the applicant, how will they accommodate the applicant and how will they assist the applicant in finding a house and on his daily needs?"  Your sponsors can be a family member, distant relative or a friend.  In my case, I have a distant relative and a friend who helped me with my application.

Below is the list of documents forwarded to Manitoba Immigration and Multiculturalism:

1.  Passport copy (including old passport/s, visa and departure/arrival stamps)
2.  Filled-out MPNP form, Settlement Plan (applicant and sponsors), Generic Application Form for Canada IMM0008, Schedule A, Additional Family Information, Schedule 4 (don't leave any blank)
3.  Birth Certificate of the applicant
4.  Proof of relationship with distant relatives (this can be birth certificates of the applicant and sponsor, marriage contract etc)
5.  Notarized copy of IELTS result (As far as I remember, they only require an overall band score of 5) *I took my IELTS examination in December 2012, this expires in 2 years.
6.  Notarized copy of diploma and transcript of records
7.  Notarized certificate from university that English is the medium of communication
8.  Notarized certificate of Employment from your present and previous employers for the past 10 years
9.  Bank Certificate with bank statements with minimum deposit of CAD10,000
10. NBI Clearance (this is not included in the checklist but I still submitted it)

My cousin (who's based in Manitoba) submitted my application last July 31, 2013.  On December 13, 2013 (a day before our wedding), I received my Letter of Approval or the Nomination by snail mail.


I believe that there's a new procedure in applying for MPNP.  They now require applicants to submit their application online which is faster compare to paper application.  You may refer to this link for the new requirements and procedure: http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/mpnp-for-skilled-workers/apply/

If in case during the process there are changes in your marital status or you have a child, it is important to inform them especially during the visa process (which will take place after receiving the nomination), because you might not be able to sponsor your dependants in the future.  In my case, I informed them via email when I got married and when I got pregnant. 

By the way, there's no fee in applying for MPNP. ☺

9 comments:

  1. Hello. Was it easy adding dependents after you've been nominated? What other documents were required? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Maria! :) Yes, it was very easy. I informed and submitted a copy of our authenticated marriage contract through this email: mpnpsupporter@gov.mb.ca

      During the CIC stage, I submitted the original marriage contract as one of my requirements for my permanent residence application. My husband was also requested to fill-out forms and submit NBI clearance. For our baby, I informed the office of MPNP as well when I gave birth and submitted her birth certificate and both of them were required to undergo the medical exam. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dia,

    I would like to know how long it took for the provincial nomination to be completed (from the time you submitted to the time that you received the letter/certificate of nomination)

    If I recall correctly as well, the federal part (the CIC stage) has a different processing time, I would also like to know how long it took for your application in the CIC stage (from their website it says 16 months)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carlo,

      My apologies for taking a while to reply. I didn't notify me. :( In my case, it took 8 months from the time my MPNP application submitted to the day I received my nomination.

      For the CIC stage, I'm afraid I cannot give you the normal processing time because I got married and pregnant which delayed my application. It took 9 months from submitting my application to CIC to Visa on hand (medical examination included. :)

      Delete
  4. hi my self hemil patel.i am from india.i had submitted my mpnp application 31st of july.and my medical complet on 22 of december 2016.Do you have any idea how much time cic take for passport request .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eminence is the best Immigration & visa Consultants in India. Providing immigration & visa services to Australia, Canada, Denmark, Hongkong, UK, USA.
    visa Consultant in India

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining Blogs Ng Pinoy! Your blog has been posted! You can also vote for your favorite blogs!
    cic check processing time

    ReplyDelete